Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

The Golden Age

We're in the Golden Age.  I wasn't up until 1:00 a.m. with a fussy baby like my brother Tabor was on Christmas night and none of my little chicks have flown the nest yet.  Life is good.

And Christmas during the Golden Age?  Even better.

We had my favorite Christmas Eve in a long time.  We stayed home.  The house looked it's most festive and we shared the evening with family and friends.  I didn't cry because I wished I were in Nevada.

And that my friends, may be a Christmas miracle.

The kids acted out a Nativity scene:


a shepherd, Mary and Joseph...not my children but you've got to admit they're cute

Also on Christmas Eve, Mark lost his other front tooth.  We all wondered if Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy would come on the same night. To her great credit, for once in the history of our family, the Tooth Fairy came on the first night and didn't need a repeat or two to remember.  Must have been magic in the Christmas air.





Everyone had a Timex watch in their stocking.  (We know a guy that works at Amazon.com.  One of his clients is Timex.)



It was a Christmas of themes all around.  2009...the year of the Legos.



For the first time Emma even got a few Lego sets this year.  She's enchanted.  On Christmas she kept exclaiming, "I can see why the boys like these so much!"

Her creations:





It was all a wonderful holiday with many highlights.  One of my favorites though was the stack of drawings Emma gave to Mark as a gift.  Mark and Emma have been known to snipe at each other and proclaim their mutual dislike but Emma spent hours drawing clever Star Wars pictures for her little brother.



Joy to the World!

2 comments:

Robert Johnson said...

Mark's smile looks just like Morgan's. Must be the age.

Anna said...

This was the first year that the tooth fairy didn't visit our home on Christmas Eve for about 4 years. Sawyer thinks it's funny to keep the fairy busy on the 'best night of the year'. He begged Asher to wiggle his front tooth out but Asher refused... I'll have to pass on the news to Sawyer that the Fairy was busy at your house!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails