Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

The Latest

When Adam and I celebrated our first Christmas as a married couple, it was in a tiny basement apartment.  Our furnishings included hand me down chairs from my grandma and a table and four wobbly chairs discarded by a middle school.  When Adam brought home a Christmas bear for me and proudly promised a bear every year for Christmas it seemed like a good idea.

Now we have a lot more stuff.  And a lot of bears.  The first bear had plenty of elbow room in our sparse apartment.

Now we have a furry pile of fluff that grows every year.




What have we done?

Adam said, "We'll stop getting bears when Mark leaves home."

When Mark's 18 we'll have 25 bears.

Twenty five.

Adam said we're going to be the crazy people with the bears.

Maybe.

But how we love the Christmas bears!  They transport us to the year they were added to our family.  They are so cute and cuddly.  They are the first box we open when we pull out the Christmas boxes.

And we have a new arrival:  Lad.

He's adorable and soft and I just want to hug him when I see him.  Also he's different from the other bears:


 this is courtesy of Emma


He has talent.

2 comments:

Clarissa Johnson said...

That is so cool! I like the piano scene. That is really awesome! Merry Christmas!

Olivia Cobian said...

I like Lad. I like your witty description of his talent too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails