Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Things To Be Happy About

1- Do you hear that?  Me either...my house is silent except for the humming of the dryer and ticking of the clock.  My kids are with their grandma and cousins making gingerbread houses.  The occasional silent house is heaven on earth. (I did spend a good portion of this alone time running errands and on the phone...both things I could do with my kids in the background.  But still, silence.)

2- I have my gifts to deliver to friends and neighbors ready to go.




3- My house is tolerably clean.  ("No going to Grandma's until your rooms are clean.")

4- I got this great picture from my own Grandma Dahl. 


 (Sorry about the picture of a picture...when I grow up I want to buy a scanner.)


I love her habit of sending copies of old family pictures with her Christmas cards.  This is the West Jordan Bishopric sometime between 1890 -1910.  I'm related to all three of them.  The two with beards are my dad's great-grandfathers.  The one on the right holds his hands the same way my dad does.

And I love that.

5- It's been sunny off and on today.

6- Speaking of light...today's a longer day than yesterday and it will just keep getting better.

7- I love this time of year...every bit of it.  Even my To Do list that's two columns long today.  (Braeden said, "Just don't do it Mom...take a vacation.  Oh Braeden, Braeden, Braeden.  Moms + Christmas do not equal vacation.)



Will someone tell this child there are jeans in his drawers that don't have holes?


I hope things are happy at your house too.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thelma, you're so inspirational. Your gifts are creative & your Christmas tree is gorgeous (as is your handsome son with the holes in his pants). Have a delightful week.

Olivia Cobian said...

I'm glad you figured out who the ancestors are. I'm glad I'm finally catching up on your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails