Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009

Modified from a list I found on gwenbell.com's Best of 2009 Blog Challenge, here's my year in review:

Best Trip:  Disneyland






Best Restaurant Moment:  dinner celebrating my mom’s birthday at the Star in Elko, NV.  My cheeks hurt from laughing.






Best Article:  article about helping children deal with grief…from the BYU alumni magazine.  It helped.






Best Night Out:  Wicked with my family, sisters, their families, a lot of friends.






Best Book:  I read way too many to remember.  I did really like Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella.  Maybe because I read it on a lounge chair on the sunny shore of Lake Chelan.  Maybe a text book on quantum physics would have been equally delightful in that setting.





Lesson Learned:  Don’t cut Mark’s hair too short.  He hated it and it made me sad until it grew.





Best Conference:  Women’s Conference at BYU…it’s equal parts great to be with my sisters and mom and amazing to be taught for two days.  One thing that stuck with me from a talk by Carole Stephens:  We can’t have faith in our request but faith in the Lord.

Challenge:  Losing Adam’s dad.  We’re not over it yet.  None of us.














The best place: home





Best new food:  quinoa…not very earth shattering but I'd never tried it before and it’s good stuff.

Best car ride:  always the trip between here and Nevada.  I love what’s on both sides.  I love sitting next to Adam.  I love propping my bare feet on the windshield and having Adam tell me that if we crashed, my legs would break.  I tell him not to crash.



Biggest laugh of the year:  on the drive back from Canada on the 4th of July, we listened to Real Men of Genius commercials (Adam’s brother said we’re the only people in the world that have commercials on our ipod).  We laughed until we couldn’t breathe.

2 comments:

Clarissa Johnson said...

That sounds like a great year! Happy New Year!

Olivia Cobian said...

I love you, Pard, and I love your list. Still crying.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails