Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

I'm Starting My Own List

This morning I was looking at a science assignment Emma turned in yesterday.  There was a question about Pangaea.  She wrote, "I don't believe in Pangaea."

I'm not sure why Pangaea is such an odious concept to Emma but I am going to make a list of things I don't believe in.  Then I'm going to follow my daughter's example.  I don't have to be held responsible for things I don't believe in right?

Here's what I now don't believe in:

laundry
dishes
preparing meals
paying bills
dusting
preparing talks for sacrament meeting the Sunday before Christmas
answering questions
answering the phone
stopping at red lights
paying my homeowners' association dues
correcting assignments
telling my children to pick up their shoes/coats/tiny Lego pieces/books/underwear off the bathroom floor
flossing
grocery shopping

I can no longer be held responsible for any of the above.  If Emma doesn't have to answer a question about Pangaea based on her strongly held beliefs (?), then I don't have to do my list either.

A flaw in my logic is that I'm going to hand this paper back to Emma and tell her to answer the question anyway.

A girl can dream though, right?

2 comments:

Whitney Shane said...

I had to look up what Pangaea even was.

Katie said...

lol, you could also add things like spiders, snakes and roaches to the list because if you don't believe in them, they don't exist. Right?????

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails