Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Sunday Drive



Every spring when the tulips in front of my house begin to open up, I know it's time to head north to Skagit Valley for the Tulip Festival.  It was actually early...the tulips will be fabulous in about a week...but in a week, we're busy.

It was a case of making hay while the sun shines.

Or driving north in torrential rain (as it turned out).

We can't always stay home when it rains though.  We'd never go anywhere.

And when we got to Mount Vernon, the rain stopped.  But it was cold.



Every year I am delighted down to my toes by fields of vibrant color.  There are houses perched on the edges of the fields and I can't imagine how delirious I would get living in those fields when they're in bloom.


If I was going to be a farmer, I would be a tulip farmer.



We took Grandma Geri with us which makes everything more fun:



What is it about pretty flowers that prompts this in some children?


But we have sweet Emma to pose for docile pictures:




To review, this child:


And then this one:




I'll keep all three little tulips though.

Even when they definitely look like they're plotting something.

4 comments:

Coralee Dahl said...

Thelma, of all times not to get the photos. I can't get them. Is it my computer or is something wrong? Maybe you are in the process of posting them.

Robert Johnson said...

We're jealous of your flowers.

Jennifer said...

Mark my words. Someday I WILL come for the tulip festival. I am FROM Washington, and I've never got to experience it in person. I love tulips. I also really want to come visit. Anyone who can offer me good conversation, adorable nephews & a niece, grilled pizza, IKEA, Costco, chocolate and tulips in one place -- is someone I'm dying to come visit. I hope it's sooner than later.

Loved the pictures too. If you get me for Christmas, just enlarge that one with the fence post in it for me. I loved it!

Janet said...

BEAUTIFUL photos of you and yours!The flowers are beautiful too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails