Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Post Without Teeth

Except I have to apologize for slandering sweet Desi.

And I have to thank all of you for your kind words and encouragement towards me going to the dentist.

I put on my list for today "dentist".  That means try to find one.  It won't necessarily happen just because it's on the list.  But as my children will tell you, it has a prayer of happening if it's on the list.  They get a measure of comfort when the things they want from me are on the list.

Here's what I want to write about today though:

THE IRONY:

The principal at the local school asked my homeschooled niece to come to school next week for three days.  The school knows that they need her test scores to improve their own...to ensure further funding. 

Clarissa, you're a poster child for homeschooling.

But not every homeschooled child looks as charming in a headband as you do.

I'm just saying.

THE CRUEL FATE:

Last night, minutes before my friends came to my house for book club, Emma dropped--and broke--a bottle of (bright red) nail polish on the (generic light beige) carpet in our bedroom. 

If this ever happens to you, let me know and I'll give you a head start in cleaning it up.

I now know what doesn't work.

THE CONSOLATION:

Adam said, "Well, you did want new carpet."

THE REALITY:

But not anytime soon!

THE TRUE CONSOLATION:
  
There are still a lot of treats left in my kitchen from last night.  Sometimes chocolate is the only rational route to take in the face of ruined carpet.

AND SINCE IT'S WEDNESDAY:

Why I love it:

Here's what's happening all up and down the streets of my neighborhood.

And if you think it looks great, you should walk through it all on a warm afternoon and get unsteady from the intoxication of the scent.

 

  

  

  

 

Spring has sprung.

Boing.

3 comments:

Whitney Shane said...

Happy Spring!!

Have you looked to see if the dentist my parents go to is on your plan? North Creek Dental I think.

He was good when I went there.

Liberty Johnson said...

We are so jealous of your blossoms! This isn't Liberty, btw.

Olivia Cobian said...

You live in such a lovely place.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails