Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Today I Woke Up Happy

The sun is shining-ish.

My bathwater was deliciously scalding and deep.

Friday is the easiest day in our school week.

I saw the program from the play Adam and I went to last night and remembered how much I loved it.

I'm going to lunch with Janet.

Adam's mom, Geri, is coming over for dinner tonight and game playing.

And I keep cracking up when I remember my SIL Whitney's narrow escape of death by suffocation.

Whitney and Kelly's friend Jamie was in the hospital.  She'd had surgery, then complications which turned serious.

One night Whitney sent Jamie's husband home to sleep and she stayed with Jamie, sleeping on a little loveseat in the room.

She was awakened by someone placing a towel over her face.  It was the nurse covering her face with hands and a towel.

Whitney said, "What are you doing?!"

The nurse answered, "We were going to insert a catheter in your friend and didn't want you to have to watch."

Whitney said, "I was asleep."  (Besides that she is capable of turning her head if need be.)

I've heard a lot of people saying we need to fix the broken health care system.

Let's start with that nurse.

4 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

Glad you're having a lovely dad. Glad Whitney survived her run-in with the Killer Nurse.

Olivia Cobian said...

I mean day, not dad, though Big Guy is lovely.

Emma said...

That is a funny story!

Today has been a nice day.

I'm glad you had a good time at the play.

BUT WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME GRANDMA WAS COMING OVER?!?

I deserve to know these things, be Daughter of the Month (a self-bestowed gift) and all!

Katie said...

oh no!! That is crazy!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails