Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Miracles

Just when I was about to get cynical waking up to another rainy day, it's been a day of miracles.

1)  Emma woke up "not feeling well".  This is code for I-don't-want-to-get-up-or-have-school.  It's tricky to decipher if she's really sick or not.  Then Grandma Geri called and invited her to go see Diary of a Wimpy Kid with her cousins.

Miracle One.  A complete cure for Emma Jayne.

2) Geri called later to see if Braeden wanted to go too...when she realized he was going to be the only grandchild that hadn't seen it.  I told her that I had already promised to take Braeden Thursday and I thought we'd just stick with that plan.  Then Braeden found out.

Miracle Two.  Braeden would rather go to the movie with his grandma and cousins than his mother.  (OK, I wasn't really surprised.  But still.  And by the way, can I just apologize to my mom right now because I'm sure I was an ungrateful little twerp once upon a time too.)

3)  Mark was the only one left to do errands with me (he saw the movie with the triplets a week ago).  We were driving along and Mark said, "Mom, did you know if you pull something purple or pink out of your nose and suddenly forget something it's because you pulled out part of your brain?"

Miracle Three.  You can learn something new every day.  Because, no, I didn't know that.

4)  Mark and I went to JoAnn Fabrics, America's Best Contact and Lenses, Staples, the post office, the library and Fred Meyer.

Miracle 4.  We survived.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails