Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

True Grit



John Wayne movies were part of the scenery when I was growing up.  And that kind of scenery has a way of seeping into your psyche whether you like it or not.

For this reason, I know a lot of quotes from John Wayne movies.

I don't know as many as some of my family members though.  My dad and Tabor will banter back and forth and then it will finally dawn on me that they're quoting a movie.

And usually it's True Grit.

Yesterday Adam told me that the Coen brothers, who I rather like as movie makers, are remaking True Grit.

If I knew their address I would write a letter to humbly advise them that I know two people that would be naturals in the movie.

Mattie Ross: They say he has grit. I wanted a man with grit.




Rooster Cogburn: Well if I had a big horse pistol like that I wouldn't be scared of no "boogerman".
 



Mattie Ross: Trust you to buy another tall horse.


Rooster Cogburn: Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way.   






Rooster Cogburn: Well, sister, the time has come for me to ride hard and fast.



Rooster Cogburn:  Young fella, if you're looking for trouble, I'll accommodate you. Otherwise, leave it alone.






It seems the cast is already set for the True Grit remake but these two will always be the stars of my show.




3 comments:

Deseret said...

This is great. How did you get all these pictures? Why don't I have any of these pictures? From M

Katie said...

I think Tabor would be awesome, however he's such a purest I'm not sure he would want any part of the movie. It would be cool to say I was married to the star of True Grit....maybe that could be his reason to dust off his acting abilities.

Olivia Cobian said...

Maybe Cor could be Little Maddie, the book keeper.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails