Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

And Then It Was Over

Before:



After:



And then I had to say good-bye to this little man:

(I "selflessly" offered to hold him while his parents were getting ready to leave.)

And I had to say good-bye to my dear brother:

(I love these two.)

I would have taken a parting shot of Melanee who I had a great time getting to know better all week but she was busy packing (such is the lot of the mother).

Incidentally, Melanee made cream cheese brownies (a.k.a. Why Ammon Married Her) for us while here.  I know Ammon had many other reasons to marry her but really.  Those brownies would have been reason enough.  She kindly bequeathed me with the secret family recipe which trust I will hold very sacred.

They had to leave though and I cried when I said good-bye.

Emma hugged me and said that maybe we should build a summer house in Nevada so I could live closer to my family.

I told her it was a great, but expensive, idea. 

She said, "We could wait a year or two."

Then she offered to raise money for the enterprise by crocheting items and selling them.  She said Braeden could mow lawns to earn money.  Braeden asked Emma if she knew how to crochet.

She said, "Well, I'd have to remind myself..."

It's sad that I miss my family when so far away, but I have Emma.

And that's a good compensation...whether or not she's able to remind herself how to crochet.

5 comments:

Janet said...

Your tile looks GREAT!! I'm so glad you had a nice time with your family . . . and that you have such an empathic daughter. I have just basic crochet skills but would be happy to impart them to her. :)

Jennifer said...

I like the tile too! Ammon did a great job. Why hasn't Melanee made me cream cheese brownies? I'll have to offer to hold that adorable baby while she does that for me the next time they come calling. I also like the idea of you having a summer house in Nevada.

Anonymous said...

We are all in favor of the summer house. I love the tile. And Ammon shaved! Life is good.

Katie said...

the tiles are gorgeous! A summer house anywhere in the US would be great for us, hehe

Susie said...

Your bathroom looks awesome, your brother did a great job. Love the new tile look instead of carpet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails