Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Books I Read in May 2012 (or didn't)



The Quilter's Kitchen by Jennifer Chiaverini

I didn't finish this book.  It just didn't hold my interest.  I've read another book by the same author that I think I remembered liking.  Not this one.



Day After Night by Anita Diamant

I also didn't finish this book.  When a book starts to feel like homework, I lose enthusiasm.  It is set in Israel after World War II.  I love historical novels and thought this looked good but maybe I just wasn't smart enough for this one.  I felt like there were things about the history of the time and things about Judaism that the author took for granted that her readers would know.  Not me.  Also, I couldn't keep all the names straight.

What can I say?  I'm shallow.

 Cakewalk by Kate Moses

I was determined to finish this book.  My lack of stick-to-it-ness was getting pathetic.  Meh.  It bored me.  I have sort of a love/hate relationship with memoirs.  I want to love them.  If they are not really really good, I don't.  This book sort of meandered and I didn't really get the point (I guess there doesn't always have to be a point) and she tried to tie it all in with cake and desserts but I just wasn't enjoying it that much and there are a lot of other good books in the world.



Emergence-Labeled Autistic by Temple Grandin

This one was for book club and guess what?  I didn't finish it.  It's really interesting and I wanted to read more but I was too busy and reading was not a luxury I had.

Reading books in May?  Not my best month.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

My kids are always impressed by how much you read. I guess not this time :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails