Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A very long day

Yesterday dawned bright and blue.  A lovely day in Rapid City, SD.  I wanted to stay awhile and go to the water park that was adjacent to the hotel.  (It is hard for me to resist a good water park.)

The rest of my family knew how far we planned to travel and thought we should probably just hit the road.  Besides, they don't really like water parks.

At least I think that's how it went.

Maybe it was the opposite.


Wild horses (or me) could not keep these people away from this.

Mark
Emma, Braeden and Adam going up up up.

those are my firstborn's dainty and delicate (size 13) feet
It took awhile to get out of South Dakota too.  (We keep going across states the long way!)  But South Dakota was lovely.

these were at every rest stop

We stopped at Wall Drug:




 

 

I managed to get out of Wall Drug without any kitschy souvenirs (except 1/2 pound of fudge...two lovely squares for each of us).  We didn't leave South Dakota empty handed though.

Our windshield is sporting a battle wound.



We drove through a little of Minnesota.  Green green green.

We even saw this green guy:



The kids and Horace posed for a picture.



It is hard to see Horace so Adam took another picture:



It's a little bit of an awkward shot.  Sorry Jolly Green Giant.

At 11:00 last night, when we fiiiiiinally got to our hotel, we were exhausted.  It was hot and humid* (hello frizzy hair).

We've had a good night's sleep.  I've weighed my hair down with anti-frizz products--here's hoping--and we're off to Nauvoo to see my parents!

Exciting day!

*it is currently raining and cool in Seattle.  I'll take a little hot and humid.


4 comments:

Marianne said...

Wow that giant is big!

Janet said...

If I were to meet one of your horse riding Natives on a trail . . . I would choose Emma. She definitely looks the friendliest! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. I remember seeing the Jolly Green Giant but could not remember in what state. Now I know. Minnesota. Looks and sounds like fun. Geri

Olivia Cobian said...

I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of Thelma--frizzy hair and all. I also wouldn't mind some of that fudge...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails