Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A day off

Yesterday since my kids were home from school, we went to IKEA.  Some of us were interested in their Christmas offerings.  Some of us were interested in eating our weight in Swedish meatballs.

While we drove, all three children were silent with their noses in their books.  At one point I said, "I'm so glad we are able to spend this time together."

Mark said (without looking up from his book), "Awww, thanks Mom.  We're glad to be with you too."

I said, "I was being sarcastic!  You're all ignoring me!" 

Again, Mark didn't look up.  He said, "Hey, at least I answered you."

Then I realized that he knew all along that I was being sarcastic.  He was just taking one for the team and talking to me so I'd be quiet and let them read.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails