Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Life changing

If you heard a big sigh coming from a northwest direction, I think that was me because my week ended and another started.

One of the things that happened last week was I made cookie pops for the first time.

I wanted to make something to sell at the concession stands for Braeden's play.  I wanted to be a little creative.  I had the parameters of limited skill/time/inspiration.  Enter the internet.

I found this posted on a terribly creative blog.  (Isn't that internet something else?)

I obediently bought the edible writers that she recommended.


I made cookies and inserted popsicle sticks without incident.  It was a lot easier than I thought it would be.  I may quit my day job and become a cookie pop maker.  (If I had a day job.)

I drew a clock face on the cookies:

I'm realizing this isn't my best sampling of the cookies.  These were the ones I did first and the icing wasn't quite set and they got a little smeary.  I'm also wondering if smeary is a word.

I placed the cookies in a lovely little vase to encourage people to buy them.


It didn't really work.  They weren't huge sellers.  Emma bought one.  Mark bought three.  Adam's sister bought one with money Adam gave her.  A handful of other people bought them as well. 

Here's the upside though.  Emma watched me draw the clock faces on the cookies.  She said, "You have changed my life.  When can I make some cookies and use those pens?"  I will not be at all surprised if Emma starts writing her poetry on cookies.

So my cookies were not a smash success in the concession stand but Emma's life was changed.

Not bad in the balance.

Braeden's play was fun to watch by the way.  I was proud of my boy.  He rocks being an 80s soap opera star.  It was great to see both casts interpret their characters differently.  I really like those kids!

2 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

Those cookie pops turned out great! Are they sugar cookies?

Gwilliam Fam said...

Those are so creative and fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails