Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

I'm thankful...



Our house sprung a leak.  Above the kitchen window, there was a drip and it was disheartening.  Our extra money has already been relegated to Christmas presents and our kitchen has already been relegated to holiday cooking.

I imagined a gaping hole in the kitchen wall and it made me feel a little sick-ish.

Yesterday in the midst of baking, two repairmen came to inspect.  They were friendly, practically jolly.  Braeden was upstairs and after they left he said, "Who was that?  They sounded like the guys from Car Talk."

They looked at the window outside and in.  They gave us their best idea of what the trouble was and an incredibly easy fix that Adam can do himself.  One of them said, "I can see why this happened.  We've had an obnoxious amount of rain lately."

Very true.

After they were finished, Adam said he wanted to settle up with them.

"What do you mean?" one of them asked.

"You gave me some great advice," Adam said, "What do I owe you?"

"Oh," they said, "Nothing.  No charge."

I said, "Can I at least give you a cookie?"

"Yes," one of them said.

"We were hoping we'd get a cookie," the other one said.  They gleefully scooped a cookie off the counter and went on their way.

Like Thanksgiving Elves, leaving gratitude in their wakes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails