Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

15 rugs

You know how sometimes you go into a house and everything looks like a Pottery Barn showroom?

I don't have one of those houses.

Somehow I can't help myself.  I like things a little unconventional and quirky and unexpected.  I found an idea online to sew small rugs together to create an area rug.  I've always wanted a colorful braided rug but I lack rug braiding skills.  I decided I could sew rugs together though.

I bought 15 rugs.  The teenage boy at the store that was zipping rug after rug across his scanner as I was buying them finally said, "I have to ask.  What are you going to do with all these rugs?"

It took a little time and two very long needles (I bent one) and three thimbles (one for my thumb and two fingers).


Last night I told Adam maybe I would fill the entire house with these rugs...



2 comments:

Marianne said...

I love your rug. So creative and cute.

Stephanie L Johnson said...

that looks cool, good job, it was a big job and I was not sure I would finish it if it were me

hugs

slj

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails