Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Filling my bucket

Saturday I was riding in our van with Braeden and Adam.  I realized that I felt incredibly happy.  (This is notable because Braeden happened to be driving and I wasn't white knuckled and trying hard to breathe normally.)

I think I was happy because my bucket has been filled.

It was renewing to have my sisters visit me.  It was a joy to remember my good good grandma and reunite with my family.  It was a blessing to spend a little time with my other good good grandma.

And then we had General Conference.

Every 6 months, we have a broadcast from our church headquarters in Salt Lake City and it is one of the most wonderful ways to spend a weekend that I know.

Saturday morning, Mark said, "Happy Conference," to me like it was a holiday, and I felt the same way.  We had the good fortune to listen to our inspired leaders.  I came away feeling lighter and with added perspective and with a filled bucket.  I feel reinvigorated and like I want to try harder and work smarter and be a better person.

I couldn't ask for more from a weekend, could I?

If you would like a little light in your own life, you can check it out here.  I would tell you which talk was my favorite but there's no way I can decide.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails