Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Better together

There's this thing about my mom.  She knows how to feed people and she always always errs on the side of two much food.  (You've got to love people like that.)

My sisters were cut from the same cloth.  When they were visiting me, they bought some fruit for the birthday party.  A LOT of fruit.  After they went home, I didn't know what to do with all the fruit.

I put some in my blender.  Just to see.

A star was born.

The fabulous thing about this concoction that has sort of become my passion is that unlike other culinary passions of mine, this one is pretty guiltless and healthy.  It's just fruit (and a few ice cubes).

You start with:




Then you do this:


And you end up with this:

pouring equally is not my strong suit but I evened them out--no Mark was slighted in the creation of this blog post

I love it.  Mark and I are considering other fruit options.  He wants to try kiwi fruit and I told him when we're out of milk we'll go to Costco and get some kiwi fruit (and milk).  He checks milk levels several times of day.  Lucky for him he has a brother named Braeden that could keep an entire dairy in business.

We'll need more milk soon enough.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Perfect timing! I got on the internet to look for smoothie recipes for 4-H cooking. I think I'll use this. It looks very smooth.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails