Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Antidote

Something about being gone on a trip resets a homesickness button inside me.  We love our new home, all our stuff is here, and we live here.  But sometimes, I want my old home.  I knew I'd miss people when we moved, and I do, a lot.  I didn't realize I would miss my house.

So yesterday I felt a little sad.  I want to take a walk with my friends and just catch up.  It's been so long.  Facebook made me miss my old community.  Seeing things about Glacier Peak High School tug at my heart. 

I remembered we were going to go to Ammon and Melanee's to celebrate Cormac's birthday though.  That cheered me up. 


You can't be uncheered by a five-year-old's birthday, complete with dinosaur cake.

Last night when we were home, Mark said our prayer (we're back to praying together, not just on roller coasters).  In his prayer, he said he was grateful for Cormac.  Then he said, "We are thankful that Ammon and Melanee are in our lives when we have hardships, like moving."

It was very sweet, as most of Mark's prayers are, but it was also a little poignant.  Mark is in the midst of a "hardship" and we're all there together.

But we have Ammon and Melanee.  That is worth a lot.  Ammon, of course, is my perfect brother.  He is funny and kind and amiable and helpful and capable.  Throw in proximity and what else could I want?  (I guess I want Enoch and Tabor that close too.)  It is also wonderful to be around Melanee.  We walk together most days and talk about the minutiae and dailiness of things but we also talk about interesting topics of all varieties and I'm very grateful to have Melanee and the opportunity to get to know her better.

And then those cute kids!  We all love them.  They dazzle us with their vast imagination and general cuteness.  They make us feel loved.

Ammon, Melanee, Cormac, Azure...they are nice to have when we have hardships, like moving. 

2 comments:

Ammon said...

Thank you. We love having you around as well.

Geri said...

:( 😥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails