Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Disneyland 2014

Mostly pictures, pictures, pictures.



I think we will make this our Christmas card picture.  It's not every day my hair looks that excellent.  Also, what is Emma doing.  Not looking where she is driving, apparently.  The guy by Braeden was a random stranger they put in our car.  Here are two facts about him.  1) He was a man.  2) He was wearing mascara.

And that's all I know.

We won the race!


This is a sun washed picture from a delicious lunch we had that ended up costing a lot more than we thought it was going to.  But it was really good.

There were a whole lot of pictures taken for entertainment value while waiting in lines:




Some posed:


Some perplexing and unexplainable:


Some blurry:


And some just awesome:


Here are Braeden and Emma on Splash Mountain.  They were both going to pose like that but Braeden felt too much compulsion to hang on.


Here they tried again.  It's easier on Pirates of the Caribbean:


We rode the Grizzly River Run four times.  (Adam and Mark rode it five.)  I got drenched!  So wet that people around the park would sort of snicker when I walked by.  I wasn't the only one and we didn't get any pictures of how soaked we were, but here I am, attempting to blow dry my hair:


Here is where the kids went around again and I sat it out because I get too dizzy:


Speaking of dizzy, I snapped a picture before leaving the scene of the Tea Cups.


And just because, here's the first time we took our kids to Disneyland:

 

Sniff.

Here's another then and now:



She didn't have a cell phone that first time but otherwise, same little Emma.

Something else that doesn't change:  boys and their light sabers.  The boys built their own custom light sabers (which took awhile...you can't rush this creative process).  They made it to the parking lot before they had a full battle.



And then we made them stop.

We dragged ourselves back to our hotel every night.  One morning we were talking about how we'd forgotten to say our family prayer before bedtime because we were so tired.  Mark said, "Well I prayed yesterday.  On roller coasters."

We had a wonderful time.  Of course we did, it was Disneyland.  It was exhausting and more crowded than we would have liked...more crowded than it's ever been when we were there.

But it was Disneyland.  I loved being there with my people.  They are fun to be with.  They are kind and pleasant and make me laugh.  I'm glad we were able to join everyone else in Utah and go to Disneyland together.  (Seriously, there were BYU and University of Utah t-shirts everywhere!)

When we left Disneyland the last night, Braeden said, "Well, that's the last time I'll ever go there for free."

Adam clapped him on the shoulder and said, "Yep."

Good luck, boy.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails