Pages

Friday, October 24, 2014

3 things I want to remember about my children today

Braeden:

His friend, Nathan, a certifiably Really Nice Guy, found Braeden at lunch.  He said, "Come with me."
Braeden did because he's up for anything.  It turns out Braeden was picked for the mission based on his size.  There was a girl and boy in some sort of altercation.  Like it was a movie, Nathan said, with Big Braeden standing behind him, "Is there a problem here?  Is he bothering you?"

The boy and girl both said everything was fine.  Nathan said to the girl, "Well if you need us, just yell and we'll come and help you."

Braeden is big but he's the most gentle teddy bear I know.  I can't imagine him getting into an actual fight.  He has never even really fought with his siblings.  I said, "I can't picture you and Nathan doing that.  I don't think either of you are all that tough."

Adam said, "That's OK, they are actors, they just had to act tough."

I like the story though.  I like teenage boys willing to defend a girl.

Emma:

 
When Clarissa was over they raided Braeden's dress up box, contemplating Halloween costumes.  In addition to liking that Braeden has a dress up box, I like this picture.

I like the girl too.

Mark:

He is taking a long distance typing class along with a handful of his cousins, taught by his Grandma Dahl.  Every day he puts on headphones while he types.  He sings at the top of his lungs, the entire time.  He sings Tears for Fears, Queen, The Beatles. Loud.  It's possibly one of the best parts of my day.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

What great kids! I love them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails