Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

I must be living right

Each day comes bearing its own gifts.  Untie the ribbons.

Ruth Ann Schabacker

Yesterday I decided it was finally time to face the dragons.  Or to put it less dramatically, to confront the little tasks that have been accumulating that I didn't want to do.  It was Time.

I made the phone call I didn't want to make (selling a house and all the detritus that accompanies it is a soul deadening pursuit).

I went to the post office (after finding it).

I went to Wal-mart. 

I typically avoid Wal-mart at all costs but the really irritating thing about Wal-mart is that even though I want to avoid it, sometimes they have what I need.  I wanted a collage frame for Braeden's senior pictures and I'd looked everywhere and come up empty.  So Wal-mart.

And they had exactly what I needed.

Next on my list was to get the safety and emission inspections done on our van so I can get it licensed in our new state.

Tabor called. They were on their way through and wondered if I wanted to meet for lunch.  I had already eaten but Mark had not.  (He would rather be home and scrounge around for his own food than do errands.)  I went home and got Mark and we met Tabor and Katie and their girls for an impromptu visit.  Mark gathered the little girls around him and showed him the wonders of his phone.  Cousin selfies...





When I woke up in the morning, I had no idea I'd be seeing my dear brother and his family.  A lovely surprise.

On the way home, Mark and I stopped by to do the car inspections.  I was told my car was new enough that I didn't need one. (My day just kept getting better!)

There's a house in our neighborhood that houses an 11 year old boy that is a potential friend for Mark.  (We've met his dad.)  Mark and I were going to go over and introduce ourselves.  Driving by the house, a boy was in the yard with a toy gun.  "Do you want to stop?" I asked Mark.

He vaulted from the car.  The boy wants friends.

Mark came home hours later.  Happy.  The two boys made plans to get together today too.

That's when I knew I must be living right.

*********

Not entirely related but here's my senior boy's pictures, all framed.  (Sorry about the inexpert photograph of photographs...you can see our kitchen reflected in the glass...you get the idea though.)  I haven't decided which wall to put them on.  Seeing himself in so many pictures made Braeden slightly uncomfortable.  He said, "I feel like Dudley Dursley."


I guess that makes me Aunt Petunia. 

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I'm excited for friendly Mark that he's finding friends. And Braeden is a dashing Dudley.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails