Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Introvert vs. Extrovert

Last night I told Braeden my introvert bones were aching.  It's been a wonderful time of spending time with family over the weekend and then carousing around BYU campus with Marianne and her kids (they came to town like the circus, bringing fun).  The kids all went to a Studio C season premiere party Monday night and Marianne and I went to dinner and then had really nasty frozen custard.  Being with Marianne is wonderful.  We interrupt each other, telling each other our tales (actually I probably do most of the interrupting...she has better manners than I do).  Tuesday we met for lunch and followed our kids around the Life Science Museum.  We saw our old Biology 100 professor there.  It was sort of exciting.  Olivia would have insisted we pose for a picture with him.  It is terrifically fun to see my family.

Last night I was tired though.  I needed to go in a cocoon and be alone a bit.  My parents were in town and invited me to dinner and to the temple.  Both would have been wonderful but like I said, my introvert bones, they were aching.

So when I told Braeden about my aching bones, he said, "My extrovert bones are healing."

It gave me an appreciation for what he's been through.  I know I need to tend to my introvert side or I'm very unhappy.  My poor extroverted son!  I'm glad he's healing.  This morning Braeden told me, "Do you remember when we first moved and I said that everything would be OK by October 1?  Well today is October 1 and everything is OK." 

He has been driving to school with Adam out of town and yesterday he needed gas so he filled his car with friends at lunchtime (they have an open campus) and they all went to the gas station together.  Things like that make his day as much as going in my room and closing the door behind me makes mine.

Last night he went on the town with his friends--the mission was unclear--and this weekend he is hosting a  "Yay, I Have Friends" party.  He said, "That's what I'm calling it."  He's very hopeful that the horse mask he ordered online will be here in time.  Because apparently he needed one...

It will be nice to have the house full of his friends. (I told him he could invite a dozen, we'll see if he listens...)  My job will be to lay out a table full of snacks and then make myself scarce.  I can do that.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Yay! I'm glad Braeden's having a party!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails