Pages

Friday, June 19, 2015

Good things

Last night Adam surprised us with a trip to the movie.  We saw the new Pixar movie, Inside Out.  We loved it!  I can't sing its praises enough.  For one thing, the character moved to a new state.  We could relate.

All of us except Mark, who is still young enough to not be infected with our leaky eyes, cried.  There was a big burly man with a beard and multiple piercings on the other side of Braeden.  Braeden reported that guy cried too. 

It was that sort of movie.

After it, Emma asked Braeden, "Is my make-up smeared all over my face?"

He said, "Is my life smeared all over my face?"

That Pixar.  How can they make an animated movie that hits us all so close to home?

We hit Sonic for half price milkshakes on the way home.

This summer is turning out to be just about perfect. 

When we got home, Stephanie was here and we chatted on the deck for awhile and watched the moon set across the valley and speculated which planets we were seeing in the night sky.  Nights like that are about as lovely as my eyes can hold.

In other good news, Emma has broken the curse and passed her driver's test on the first try.  There are a lot of factors at play here:

I may get in trouble for this but 1/3 of my siblings are good drivers and the rest are not (I won't say which 2/6 but it's Enoch and Ammon if you must know).  Maybe Emma is the 1/3 of my children that is a good driver?

Maybe it's because she took the driver's test in Utah?  Just drive on the freeway here or the PGHS parking lot and you realize it must be really easy to get a driver's license.

Maybe she truly is a good driver?  She can parallel park.  I didn't even know that was a thing. Can people really parallel park? (Well, Adam can...)

So maybe that's it.  Maybe she gets it from Adam.

In any case, every mother dreams of having a daughter better than she is.

Nailed it.


4 comments:

Geri said...

Congrats to Emma! Aunt Megan can parallel park too. When we are in Seattle and I am driving I get out of the car and let her park as she can do it so quickly.

Marianne said...

I hope and pray that two of my six will pass on the first try! That would be a dream come true!

Olivia Cobian said...

Congratulations, Emma! I don't know what you're basing your figures on, but I haven't had a ticket since 2002 and I haven't been pulled over for drunk driving since 1992. I'm an excellent driver.

Megan said...

lol, Olivia that made me crack up. Emma takes after me. I'm a fast but excellent driver. And mom's not lying, she really does leave the van in the middle of the road and we do a Chinese fire drill.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails