Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Removing BBQ sauce in the laundry room


If I could go back in time, I would tell the previous owners of our house to set down the paintbrush and back slowly away.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to pick colors.

Seriously.

It took me awhile to name the color that formerly graced our laundry room.  I finally decided:  Barbecue Sauce.

Someone saw this:



And decided the laundry room would look great in that shade.  (Unfortunately other parts of the basement were painted using the same bottle of sauce.)

Here's the laundry room, before:


I have some hand painted Italian tiles that my friend Apryl gave me when we lived in Connecticut.


I'm unaccountably attached to them so I was going to paint the room yellow to accommodate them.  Then I toyed with the idea of blue.

Then I remembered I had leftover paint from Adam's office.  I liked that color and it had the advantage of already being in my garage.  Here's the after picture:

I hung up the word laundry in case any of my children get lost and wonder about the purpose of the room.  I hung it up in a haphazard fashion because that is the only way I know how to live my life.

The colors only marginally work; it's sort of an unexpected combination but I'm OK with that.  In fact, I like it.

From now on, we'll keep the BBQ sauce on the pulled pork, where it belongs.

2 comments:

Geri said...

For a girl who ten years ago didn't know how to paint a wall you have come a long way. Nice Laundry Room, now if only the clothes could wash themselves.

Stephanie L Johnson said...

The colors are great. You should have had me help you while I was there, alas, we will save painting for another time.

hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails