Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Home

I think I was in seventh grade when I created an elaborate collage on my bedroom wall.  I used pictures from magazines and thumbtacks.   It was a masterpiece.

And I got in trouble.

(My dad didn't think sticking tacks all over the wooden walls was a good idea.) 

Having a garage has helped fill the chasm created by my dad trying to clip my creative wings. ;)

The other day I pulled out my stapler and went to town.




There's no rhyme or reason to any of it.  Some of it was hanging in our old garage, some of it is newer.  It's all meaningful to one or more of us.

When Braeden saw it, he said, "That makes me really happy."

Adam said, "That feels like home."

Those are two of the best compliments they could give me because making them happy and creating a home?  My life's work.

It's kind of a bonus for me when all it takes is a stapler and artifacts from our lives.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Your garage walls look better than the walls of our home...lovely.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails