Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

It will never be the same again

This is one of those write-myself-into-well-being posts...

A week from today.  That's when he leaves.  Am I beating a dead horse on this one, or what?  I can't seem to think about much else.

Nothing will be the same after he leaves.  And then he'll come home and go to college along with Emma.  It will just keep changing and shifting.

If you can't be happy with change, you won't be happy in life.  I need to embrace that truth and get stronger here.

I was thinking about those words:  it will never be the same again.  There have been other things happen to me and then my life was never the same again.

1- I learned to read.  It was never the same again.
2- I went to school.  It was never the same again.
3- I got a driver's license. It was never the same again.
4- I went to college. It was never the same again.
5- I got married. It was never the same again.
6- My siblings married fabulous people. It was never the same again.
7- I gave birth.  Three times.  It was never the same again.
8- My children, one by one, learned to talk. It was never the same again.
9- My children, one by one, learned to read. It was never the same again.
10- I made some lifelong friends. It was never the same again.

In every case, it was better.

I guess this is my way of saying, never the same again doesn't necessarily equate with something hard or sad.  If I had a nickel for every time Adam reassured me and encouraged me to trust more, he wouldn't have to work.

We would be independently wealthy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails