Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

I am glad for many things

Sunday Braeden spoke in church.  I'll have you know that I may have teared up a smidge, but I did not cry.

This is progress.

We had about 60 people over for lunch.  It was a wonderful day.

my favorite picture is right in the center:  I don't know the details but I think Cormac was sad and Luke who has the heart of a giant in his athletic little body was there to offer compassion and probably advice

 There was cousin time:

that last picture is what happened after the boys dumped the water cooler all over the trampoline...they're a little nuts
And cousin time:


Incredibly, amidst the chaos, there were nappers.  It sort of looked like a crime scene.


It was a small army to feed but I had an incredible army of helpers too.

I loved every minute of it.

Then there were the good-byes.


That almost made me cry so I had to pull myself together a little. And start cleaning up.   

Olivia compiled a treasure of a book for Braeden.  She surreptitiously passed it around and everyone filled it with advice and love for Braeden.  He also told me that my dad took him aside and gave him advice that has been handed down through the generations for missionaries.

All I can think of are the lyrics of a primary song I learned when I was a little girl.

I am glad for many things,
Many things, many things.
I am glad for many things,
That are mine today.

Thank you, thank you, my heart sings, 
My heart sings, my heart sings, 
Thank you for the many things
That are mine today.

I can't say that I am looking forward to saying good-bye to my boy for a few years but I also know that I have never been more grateful either.  I am grateful that I feel like that same army that was at my house yesterday is there supporting me and Braeden.  They could change the world.  They have changed my world.  Their collective prayers on Braeden's behalf will carry him through thick and thin.  I am grateful that he is ready and able to go.  I am grateful for the experiences he will have that will shape the rest of his life.  

I'm grateful that I have such a wonderful offering to give.  He's one of my best and brightest.  

That's for sure.


3 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

Not only are you good at crying--you're good at making me cry! We love Braeden so much and we are so proud of him. He can count on our prayers and faith accompanying him!

Marianne said...

It was a lovely weekend. Braeden spoke so well and will be such a star as a missionary! We love him and you!

Geri said...

Thank you for a wonderful weekend. It's wonderful to have these occasions to all get together and celebrate the blessings that are ours.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails