Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Books I read in April 2016

It must have been a busy month.  Only three books and several days late getting this posted.  Here's what I read in April:



My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares **

I vacillated between two and three stars for this one.  I did like it but it just sort of ended without resolving anything or the reader knowing what is going to happen.  I'm usually OK if everything isn't tied up neatly but I hate feeling like the last chapter must have fallen out of a book.

I like Ann Brashares' books.  (She wrote the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series.)  This book was about a man who kept reincarnating but he remembered all of his lifetimes.  Of course there was a woman he loved that kept reincarnating too, she just didn't have the same memory.  So it was good, but the ending was lacking.



Carry on Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton ****

I loved this book.  I didn't totally agree with everything she wrote but I don't think she would even mind me saying that.  She is someone I think I'd like to have over for dinner and a chat.




Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella ****

I love Sophie Kinsella's books.  This one was a YA book and also more serious than most of her other books.  The main character suffered from crippling anxiety.  It made me cry several times but it was also typically lighthearted and entertaining Sophie Kinsella.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails