Thursday, May 26, 2016

What is happening?

Things are getting ridiculous.

Facebook is filling up with pictures of graduations.  College graduation is certainly an accomplishment and high school graduation is a Thing.  Yes, this applies...






...but it still is sort of a big deal.  It's not hard to do for most people, but it's a milestone to be acknowledged and celebrated.

Preschool graduation?  Kindergarten graduation?  6th grade graduation?  Before we know it, there will be a graduation for every grade level.  Graduations are starting to be like a participation trophy kids get in sports.

Meaningless.

While I'm being cranky and cynical, public school is a charade.  My children haven't done anything all week.  Yesterday Mark had four classes and watched four movies.  Today?  They're signing yearbooks.  Tomorrow is the "last" day of school.  It's a little over an hour long and the teachers are subtly encouraging the kids not to show up.

But, 180 days are happening.  We're getting our money's worth.

Or not.

(Maybe I would be more pleasant if I had gone to sleep earlier last night instead of staying up to finish my book.  It was a good book.  Come back tomorrow and I'll be more cheerful.)


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

You make me laugh. I didn't realize you all are done so much earlier than around here. At least your book was a good one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails