Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2016

What is happening?

Things are getting ridiculous.

Facebook is filling up with pictures of graduations.  College graduation is certainly an accomplishment and high school graduation is a Thing.  Yes, this applies...






...but it still is sort of a big deal.  It's not hard to do for most people, but it's a milestone to be acknowledged and celebrated.

Preschool graduation?  Kindergarten graduation?  6th grade graduation?  Before we know it, there will be a graduation for every grade level.  Graduations are starting to be like a participation trophy kids get in sports.

Meaningless.

While I'm being cranky and cynical, public school is a charade.  My children haven't done anything all week.  Yesterday Mark had four classes and watched four movies.  Today?  They're signing yearbooks.  Tomorrow is the "last" day of school.  It's a little over an hour long and the teachers are subtly encouraging the kids not to show up.

But, 180 days are happening.  We're getting our money's worth.

Or not.

(Maybe I would be more pleasant if I had gone to sleep earlier last night instead of staying up to finish my book.  It was a good book.  Come back tomorrow and I'll be more cheerful.)


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

You make me laugh. I didn't realize you all are done so much earlier than around here. At least your book was a good one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails