Pages

Monday, May 30, 2016

Summertime summertime sum sum summertime


Today we're going to the cemeteries in the Salt Lake Valley that I grew up going to on Memorial Day.  My grandma, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins and most my siblings will be there.  It makes me happy.

I remember going to Memorial Day (because we talked about it like the day was a destination) and my Utah cousins would be out of school already and we still had a few weeks to go.

Now my kids are the Utah cousins, that are already done with school.  (They aren't tan and athletic like my Utah cousins were though.)

Still.

School's out.  Summer is official around here.  I boxed up my spring birds and pastels and pulled out the red,white and blue and sea shells and rattan that make me think summer.


I love having a mantle and hearth to dress.  Adam watched me climb up and down, and went and got a stepladder for me.  There's a lot of tweaking involved.  You can't enter into a mantle arrangement lightly. (I could decorate it identically every year to save time but where's the fun in that?)


I have to show a close up of my angel.  I fashioned a suffragette ribbon for her.


She's grateful that women have the right to vote but she's sort of like me and wishing she had different options this year.

At least I'm guessing.

I don't want to think about elections though. It's time for bare feet and sprinklers and good intentions to keep my children productive that will likely melt away with the summer sun.  They always do.

But I still try.



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails