Pages

Friday, May 20, 2016

His arms are stronger than his compliments

This picture is from four years ago and completely unrelated to anything.  Isn't he cute though?


I wanted to move our king sized bed to vacuum behind it.  I fetched my furniture sliders (which are maybe my most useful possession) but I couldn't lift the bed high enough to slide one under a leg.  I called Mark.  I figured he could slip a slider under while I lifted with both hands.

Except I forgot that part about Mark being a teenage boy.  He lifted the bed with one hand and slid a slider under the leg.  Then he did it three more times.  He helped me move the bed and then, with a pat on the shoulder, said, "OK, I think you can handle this now."

It's amazing how teenage boys get strong all at once.  Just add food.

That night at dinner, Mark said, "I like your hair, Mom."

"Well, thank you," I said, feeling flattered.  (Because my hair is not usually any prize.)

"It's your house cleaning hair," Mark said.  "It's how your hair looks when you've been cleaning."

I realized that I'd had my hair in a ponytail for the vacuuming of the dust bunnies.  I had pulled the elastic out and who knew what kind of crazy my hair was doing.

I'm glad Mark liked my hair, I just wish he hadn't...elaborated.  House cleaning hair?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, that means he appreciates your domesticity! ;D

Stephanie L Johnson said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, giggle, ha ha ha,
Oh that Mark, true devotion to you, at all times.

still giggling

slj

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails