Pages

Monday, May 16, 2016

When sunsets prompt deep thoughts

There were hard things about last week and there are niggling hassles about this week.  The calendar is full.  That's the worst kind of calendar.  There are the children school things, the social things, the obligatory things.

I just want NO things.

(I would probably get lonely and bored but it's a risk I'm willing to take sometimes.)

We've been re-watching a few episodes of Planet Earth.  It's beautiful except for when animals attack each other and then I have to close my eyes tight and have Adam tell me when it's over.  (I don't know why animals can't buy their meat at Costco.)  The whole show seems to testify there is a God though.  Over and over the interconnected ecosystems just work.  It's all amazing and wonderful.  Last night I came up out of the basement after we watched about seasonal forests, read scriptures and said a prayer.  It's a cozy time of night.  The kids were heading off to bed and I opened the blinds since the sun had gone down.

I was met with this.




My mediocre camera and even less than mediocre photography skills certainly don't do it justice.  It was breathtaking.  I got an apple to eat and sat out on the deck and just marveled that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us enough to plan that light show for our enjoyment every evening.

Keep looking up!  I learn from the past, dream about the future and look up.  There's nothing like a beautiful sunset at the end of a healthy day.

Rachel Boston



The weather had been a little stormy--there had been thunderstorms during the previous night.  It occurred to me while I sat that it was the clouds that really jazzed up the sky and reflected all the light.  The sunset is never as spectacular on a cloudless day.

So, I thought, when my life is a little stormy, if I can reflect light, it will be something to behold.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You radiate light very well!

Mark Dahl said...

Beautiful thoughts and words, Thelma. your mom

Olivia Cobian said...

So insightful and gorgeous pictures! I love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails