Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Life goals

You've gotta have dreams.

I decided I want to read every Newbery award winning and honor book.  Then I decided I want to own every one.

It struck me that someday, when I am a teacher again, it would be a very nice thing to have a whole bunch of Newbery award winning books in a library that I could encourage and coerce my students to read.  (Because more often than not, you need to coerce.)

There are 379 books that fall into this category.

I own 55 of them.  (Although I didn't look in Emma's room and some more might be in there.  Also, I thought we owned Millions of Cats and I can't find it.  I told Emma I was going to go see if we had Millions of Cats in the basement and that's kind of a fun thing to say, because am I under the delusion that I may have millions of cats in my basement?)

Here's my collection so far (in alphabetical order by author).  One small shelf and a little bit more.




Laura Ingalls Wilder is pretty much amazing.

I've read about 50 of the books on the list.  It's "about" because I'm not counting the ones I only vaguely remember.  And I'm sort of counting the ones I sort of remember.  (When you make up your own life goals and criteria, you can do it however you want.)

I now have a ready made list for Adam for future gift ideas.

I want books.

Lots and lots of books.

(And now if you'll excuse me, I have some...reading...to do.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails