Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Snow removal

Yesterday I woke up early to help Emma dig her car out before school.

There is a reason that I usually don't talk to her much in the morning. She was super cranky and contrary.  (It didn't help that it was the first day of school after a break.)

Adam showed me how to use the snowblower before he went to work.

Look at that, just a few days into the new year and I'm already learning something.

The mismatched ensemble I was wearing:

snow boots
sweat pants
my pajamas hanging down to my knees
a sweatshirt
a scarf
Mark's hat with ear flaps

I looked like I had just rolled out of bed and put on whatever I could find.  (Because I did.)

It was dark when I started but daylight by the time I stopped.

Times like that, you're glad you don't have a lot of neighbors.  (Although the across the street neighbor was out shoveling.)

In other/related news, my hands have started cracking again.  My secret weapon is superglue.  It lasts a few days.  Sometimes, you're shoveling snow in your pajamas or gluing your skin back together and you think, "Is this my life?"

Yep.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails