Pages

Friday, January 13, 2017

Unfounded optimism

I decided I might as well try it.

I had another anxiety dream about France.  I dreamed it was time to go to the airport and I hadn't packed.  I know me and this will never happen.  I pack early and often.

I woke up with a little glimmer of excitement too.  The trip might just be spectacular. 

I have decided to be optimistic.  About everything.  Call me Pollyanna.  Yesterday I talked to Marianne.  We both are tired of cold stormy weather and we're both tired of the sickness we can't seem to shake.  Olivia's in Mexico, at the beach.  Rotten kid.

But I get to see Marianne tonight.  There's something to be happy about.

I've decided to ditch thoughts that make me downcast, not to dwell on the people that have let me down or the cold that is trying to kill me.  I've decided to think things are going to work out just fine.

It's unfounded.  I don't really know that everything will be fine.  Adam told me that's the best kind of optimism to have.

So here I go.

(And reading this by President Hinckley makes me think maybe my optimism isn't so unfounded after all.)


It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers.
Gordon B. Hinckley




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails