Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2017

You've had a birthday, shout hurray!

Who knew I would be celebrating Braeden's birthday right along with him?  It was a day of happy surprises for both of us.

In the morning, Stella and I video chatted.  She congratulated me on Braeden's birthday.  She also gave me a little doctor advice for my cold.  (I'm tired of it.  I'm not sick enough to stay in bed and I'm not well enough to feel like my regular routine.  Stuck in a grumpy middle ground.)  It was wonderful to see Stella's warm smile.

Then the text messages started coming in from Rebecca.  Adam asked, "What did we do to deserve the Justesens?"  

I really don't know.  They are incredibly kind and completely made my day.

They went to his apartment (passed Braeden and his companion leaving, but he didn't see them) and decorated his door.

                                                                              
 Her kids had hung candy from the ceiling above.


Rebecca had borrowed a friend's phone to set up a fake appointment with them so they would for sure come home to their apartment at lunch time.

She texted:

Then she sent this:


and this:


THAT is my boy's most genuine smile.  I loved seeing him that happy.  That's the kind of picture that would warm my gloomiest day.

They went to lunch and I got a few more pictures. 



I can never thank them enough.  There aren't enough emojis in the world to express it in text messages. (But I tried.)

Then Cortney invited me to lunch.  Her twin sons have the same birthday as Braeden.  She said we should go to lunch to celebrate the birth of our awesome sons.

Sounded good to me.

I had chicken noodle soup (as ordered by my doctor, Stella) and we talked to each other about the births of our boys.

I think that should be a new custom.  When it's your child's birthday, you go to lunch with other mothers whose children were born on the same day and you share labor and delivery stories and congratulate each other on a job well done.

I love technology and kind and generous people and awesome sons that were born on January 11.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails