Pages

Friday, May 4, 2018

Grateful Friday

BYU Women's Conference!  It's one of the most wonderful times of the year.  I love it all.  I love being with my girls.  It is just an easy, laughing, understanding, confiding sort of time.  I love being on BYU campus.  Even though I'm on campus WAY more often than I used to be, it still makes me happy.  I love hearing the speakers and feeling uplifted and like they knew exactly what I needed to hear.  I love all the Women's Conference hacks we've honed over the years to avoid 99% of the crowds and headaches.

(I would tell you, but then you might tell and then everyone would know and there would be no more secret strategies.)

Last night after the last session and a delicious dinner (where Olivia instructed us to each tell what we'd learned because she was finishing her dinner and stalling for time), we went to the Hale Theater to see Sense and Sensibility.

Oh my!

I LOVED it.  For one thing, Jane Austen.  For another thing, The Hale Theater.  Do I say this every time?  They blow me away with what they can accomplish in that tiny theater.  I laughed out loud over and over and over.  I loved sitting next to my mom, fellow Jane Austen aficionado, and looking over at each other occasionally and realizing that we were both just plain delighted.

Also, as a little bonus, Emma took someone's shift and so surprised me by being at the theater which only made me happier.

I'm looking forward to another great day.  I'm grateful for spring and Women's Conference and my kinswomen (who I adore) and for the Gospel of Jesus Christ that is really what makes it all so wonderful.

(Hey!  And Adam got home late last night and guess who has a date tonight?)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails