Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

When your van turns against you

First it was the tire last week and the ensuing time spent at Costco waiting and waiting and waiting to get it repaired and then replaced.

On Friday, Braeden and I went to the temple and the battery seemed to be having troubles.  We thought it was the connection which gets loose thanks to the bumpy roads we drive in our fair city.  Adam tightened the connections and we were going to take it to our mechanic on Monday just in case.

Saturday it rained so we decided not to do yard work like planned and instead we decided to work on our bed/bedroom switch.

Here's the thing.

Don't buy your sons twin beds.

That wasn't in any of the parenting books or articles I read back when I used to read parenting books and articles.  Mark has outgrown his bed so we're doing a big switcharoo and Adam and I decided to go to IKEA to buy bed parts.

We took the van, even though we knew it was having troubles, because we thought driving to IKEA on those smooth Draper roads would just charge the battery right up and we'd be in good shape.

Turns out it wasn't just the battery.


Maybe the alternator?  I had no idea.  But, yes, it was the alternator.  And spoiler alert, alternators aren't cheap.  I know nothing about cars.  (You noticed?) Nothing except for mine has apparently turned against me.  It is kind of exciting to be driving along and have your car all at once lose all power though.

It helps you know you're alive.

The boys came to our rescue and it must be said, if you're going to spend a few hours unexpectedly waiting for a tow truck and all that jazz, Adam and Braeden and Mark are good company.

The boys love nothing more than coming to my rescue.  They channel Sylvester from It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World.

"I'm coming for you Mama!  You're baby's coming for you!"


I told Mark that we can't talk any more while we're in the van about what other car I want to eventually buy.  From now on, we can only say supportive things.

Because that van has been vindictive.


2 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

I hate car trouble! Way to keep a stiff upper lip.

Tony "Tone" Vega said...

I know the feeling. I've already spent around $1,000.00 and $1,300.00 on my SUV and surprise, surprise... I think they still don't know what's wrong with it. ☹️

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails