Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

My life in memes

Olivia and her kids are going to stay with us next Monday.  We were on the phone, arguing over whether or not I would get the sleeping pads out for her kids or they would just sleep on the floor.  I thought, Am I really having this discussion?  They're my sleeping pads and I'll get them out if I want to.

"The floor's carpeted isn't it?" asked their mother, who would apparently be a good Spartan.

I'm getting out the sleeping pads.


*
**

I needed the boys to move a hydrangea plant (btw, hydrangeas have bigger root balls than you'd expect.)

Mark was slow to come and then when he finally made his move, his move was to stop in the kitchen to make a sandwich.

In exchange, he had to weed a few extra flower beds.


*
**

One of the little first graders I work with told me yesterday at great length about her pets and her grandma's pets.  They have a regular menagerie.  Dogs, cats, bunnies, chickens, ducks.  She itemized names and colors and markings.  Then she told me in more detail than I needed to know how some of them had died and what weird and gross ailments they had.

(There's a reason we have Horace as a pet.  Only Horace.)

I kept interrupting her and telling her it was time to read, but have you ever tried to get a 6 year old, who is passionate about her animals, to stop naming all her chickens?  It doesn't matter who thinks they're the captain.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails