Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Books I Read in May 2018

The sad truth:  I only finished two books in May.



We Were The Lucky Ones by Georgia Hunter ****

This book was kind of hard for me to get into, mostly because there were a ton of characters to keep straight and maybe I have Holocaust fatigue.  I knew it would be sad.  I actually ended up really liking the book though.  The author is the granddaughter of one of the characters and it's the true story of their Jewish family in Poland during World War II.  It was a really remarkable story full of resilient people and history I didn't know before.



The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin **

This was a Newbery given to me for Mother's Day by one of my darling children and went toward my goal of reading + owning all the Newbery winners.  The book was just OK.  It had really zany characters and a compelling enough plot (even though it was a little complicated sometimes).  I realized what I didn't love about the book is that you didn't really get to the inside workings of any of the characters' minds.  I guess I like a little introspection.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

We read "The Westing Game" for school. I would have given it more than two stars. It your blog, though, after all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails