Pages

Friday, May 18, 2018

Grateful Friday

Things I'm grateful for today:

May in Pleasant Grove.

It's downright pleasant.  And all the trees are filling up with green leaves and it does feel like a grove in some places.  I love feeling the warm sun and hearing all the birds and seeing all the flowers.  And it's not stupid hot yet.

Making summer plans.

It's shaping up to be a good one.  I'm particularly excited about the reunion of college friends that I'm working on.  It's been 27 years since we met which is staggering.  We had a really great time back then and we're all still friends and I'm looking forward to getting together.  I will be careful not to drink anything though because I'm pretty sure Adam and Robbie both have the ability to make me spew at any given time.  The group messages related to the reunion alone are delighting me.

Time with my kids.  

Every morning I give Braeden and Emma tasks to do around the house and that's sort of wonderful.  We're all in and out all day with appointments and job stuff and the like but we're together too.  And they're super willing to transport Mark hither and yon and that is worth a lot.

Time with my strong kids.

One afternoon this week we disassembled a twin bed and moved it upstairs.  We moved the queen bed out of Braeden's room and into Mark's new room (which used to be the toy room).  Emma and I started to build a king bed frame in Braeden's room while the boys rebuilt the twin bed and reattached the bunk beds in the newly named "bunk room" (which used to be Mark's room).  Mark is the wind beneath our wings with any assembling project.

Mark came and helped us finish up building the king bed frame.

We decided to wait for Adam to get the king mattress from the top floor, down two flights of stairs to the basement.

Turns out Adam was having one of those weeks and he was home from work briefly and then had church stuff to do.

"We've got this!" I told my brute squad because they've pretty much been training for this their whole lives.

Emma and I lowered the mattress over the railing into the waiting arms of the boys down in the family room and we were all laughing really hard and Braeden kept saying they would probably be crushed to death but it worked.

We muscled the thing down the basement stairs (which have a 180 turn in them) and then shuffled it down the hall to Braeden's room.  At one point, Braeden said to Emma, "Dang girl, you're strong."

They all are.

Which makes the amount of food they consume pay off occasionally.

Adam

As mentioned, it was a busy week for that man and he ended up sick.  Usually Adam just powers through sickness and it doesn't slow him down.  Sometimes, rarely, it knocks him flat.  At those times 1) I want him to go to the doctor because I know it's something significant and 2) I realize how much I take his solid presence for granted.

Last night, with Braeden as my ally, I made him go to the doctor.  I thought he had strep throat because he sounded like he had strep throat.  (Ever since Mark had strep throat off and on for about a year before he got his tonsils out, I've been able to diagnose it.  For only one disease, I could be a doctor.)

Adam insisted he didn't have strep throat but I think was too weak to keep arguing with me.

I was right and now the man is on antibiotics.  Hurray for antibiotics!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails