Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

All the things

Things that are astounding:

Last night we were doing some measuring and figuring and Mark said I should ask Alexa to do the multiplication and Adam said, "Well, you can just do that in your head, right?"

And I certainly could not.

He explained how he did it in his head and he naturally does math the way the Common Core is wanting kids to learn math.  If that's not a ringing endorsement for the Common Core, I don't know what is.  Because Adam is faster than Alexa (especially since half the time she doesn't understand what I say).

Things that are terrifying:

Teaching kids to drive.  Mark is hands down our easiest.  He seems more agile and ready to take correction than his siblings were (maybe we're calmer and better at giving correction).  I don't know.  It's still terrifying.

Things that are lovely:

Adam came home a little earlier than usual from work and we sat down for a few minutes and just talked.  He is good and wise and understands me (much better than Alexa does).

Things that are frustrating:

I have intermittent insomnia and I hate it.  For no apparent reason, I just wake up some nights and can't go back to sleep.  I also don't have as much time to read as I would like so last night I just got up and read my book.  It's better than watching the clock.

Things that are perplexing:

We are planning a little home project and there are 1,000 (ballpark figure) off-white/cream paint chips sitting on the kitchen table right now.  There's one I think I like the most.  But does it work?  And how can you really have a strong opinion on but neutral colors.  I mean, they're neutral....

Things that are cozy:

I love getting into bed under heavy covers.  Sleeping in the summer around here is usually just too hot for heavy covers.  I love a cool room and warm bed.  (Now I just need to sleep.)

Things that are frigid:

Me at traffic duty in the morning.  Which reminds me, I need to go find some mittens.


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Things that I look forward to

Reading Thelma's blog.

I hate insomnia too! Good job getting up and making good use of your time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails