Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Silver and gold

It shouldn't come as any surprise that Braeden, the sentimental one who loves history, would love poring over scrapbooks.  He pulled some out on Sunday and brought them upstairs.

He showed Liberty pictures of her as a child and Freja the same.

What I really loved was watching Freja and Braeden and Mark look at the books together (Neither Leif nor Emma were there).  It made me realize/remember how the Jorgensens are a big part of our life.  I love how connected our families are.  I love all the ways we've intersected over the years.

Freja remembered the bizarre fashion choices of all three kids and the names of all Emma's stuffed animals.  She remembered when Mark was a wild banshee and like she said, "Emma's always had a...strong...personality."  They are all her memories too.

We started looking at pictures on my laptop and came across some videos I had never seen.  Mark and Emma had apparently created them.  Since Emma wasn't there Sunday, Adam texted her some of the videos.



Emma said, "I was even weirder than I remember."

I love finding little gems documenting these weirdos.  I love friends that remember it all and love us still the same.  I love that friendships endure.

Now that they are at BYU together, Freja said she and Emma shop together and are each others' conscience, limiting each other to one treat.

Friends like that are wonderful.  Friends that remember all your childhood stuffed animals' names are priceless.

**
*

Last night we had the lovely experience of attending the BYU Choir Showcase.  The only thing that marred the night is that I only saw tiny glimpses of Emma.  She's too tall for the front row and too short for the second row.  As usual though, it was thrilling to hear such beautiful music from such talented kids.

(The drive home in a violent thunderstorm with rain pelting the windshield and water gushing down the streets was sort of thrilling too....)

By a huge coincidence, Nola and Louisa Porter (our across the street neighbors) were seated right next to us!  The concert hall holds over 1000 people and there we were.  (Emma and Sara Porter are in the same choir.)

Nola said that Dave and Jack were at a Jazz game and had just texted that they were 5 rows away from Elder Stevenson.  She snapped a picture of us and texted back, "I'm 5 seats away from Adam."

Make new friends but keep the old.  One is silver and the other gold.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Five seats from Adam sounds like a great place to be! I like this post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails