Pages

Monday, October 22, 2018

Fall break 2018 part 1

Marianne texted me Thursday:


The fact that she jumped immediately to I must be dying because I hadn't blogged proves that we're sisters.

In case you didn't already think so.

(One time someone asked if we were twins because we look alike.  We sort of look alike.  She's 5 inches taller than I am.  Another time someone asked us if Adam and Robert were brothers.  What?!?  Are you looking at us?!?)

I wasn't dying though.

It was fall break (still is, in fact) and we were out gallivanting.

Because I took more pictures than anyone would want to see in a single blog post sitting, I'll stretch it out to a few blog posts.

Adam and Mark and I left Wednesday after school.  We drove through lovely rural Utah, then Wyoming, then Utah, then Wyoming, then Idaho and then Wyoming.




I talked to Braeden on the phone and he wondered if we were suffering from indecision.

No, that was just the road we were on.

We listened to a new to us podcast, by Malcolm Gladwell.  I'm a fan.

We landed in Star Valley, Wyoming.  Having grown up in Starr Valley, Nevada, it seemed to me like all the signs were spelled wrong.

The last harrowing bit of the trip was in the dark and we saw a lot of deer and thankfully didn't hit any of them.

It was stressful.

The Star Valley temple was a welcome sight (it's pretty + it meant that we were almost done with the game of frogger we were playing with the deer).


We stayed in lovely Afton, WY, home of the world's largest arch made of elk horns.

I didn't take a picture, but here's one from the internet:

source

Stay tuned for more exciting adventures....

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Didn't Archibald Gardner live in Afton, Wyoming for a while? Beautiful photos!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails