Pages

Friday, August 3, 2018

Grateful Friday

After Mark was born, the doctor who delivered him told Adam and me we were a good team.

I agree.

Tomorrow we celebrate 23 years of marriage.  I'm grateful for Adam.  Being married to him tops my list of things I'm grateful for on any given day.

When we look back on our life together, we usually marvel with appreciation that it's been a good life.  There have been the not good times.  There have been times when things were hard and I felt scared or impatient or frustrated or unhappy.  It buoyed me without exception at times like that to have Adam by my side.  Shoulder to shoulder we've faced things and we've strengthened each other and strengthened our bond in the process.

Marrying Adam was the best idea.  The end.

I don't think it was particularly windy when this picture was taken.  I think my hair was just particularly wonky.

(I'm also grateful Adam and Mark are getting home from scout camp today.  Yesterday I was driving home from the grocery store and I saw a Mark-sized kid, even wearing gray pants and a teal shirt, which is sort of his uniform lately, pushing his bike up the hill.  It made me realize how much I've missed that ginger.)

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! I did remember it was your special day as I was hiking!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails