Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Good little bits

On Sunday Braeden and I substituted in Primary and I loved it.  If I could pick my calling it would be all Primary all the time.  I know, maybe I should be a school teacher!

The class wanted to have time to share their good news.  I think something like that could go either way.  There is potential for some members of the class to feel bad.  When some kid says, "I had a birthday party!" and another kid realizes they were the only one not invited, that's lame.

It has its upside too though.  It is nice to celebrate the good little bits of life.

Here are some good little bits from me.

Adam has good phone service where he is so when he drives to town for things, he calls me.

He sent me these pictures of the boys doing service at the Star Valley, WY temple.



That cute boy with the bright blue shoes?  He's mine.  And I love him.

Also, the boys performed 119 baptisms in the temple.  They were names people in our ward had found (a few of them by me).  I cried a little (not a hard feat) when Adam told me about the priests baptizing each other and the teachers.   Such good boys.  Such a good way to spend the morning.

My other boy went with me to get my hair cut because he can't be in the house for more than 12 hours without going stir crazy.  He came in the salon to meet the ladies and they told me he was so cute!  He is and I was glad to show them the boy in real life because they had heard all about his mission, including the health misadventures.

After dinner last night he said he wanted something sweet.  I told him too bad (in not so many words).  Then I remembered we had leftover peach crisp in the fridge!

I told him we'd split it and he said, "Let's save some for Emma."  (She was at work.)

That kind of seems like the thing the mother should think of, but still.

I did save her some.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails