Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Morning walk

Mark and I were walking along the Murdock Canal Trail yesterday morning and...

...he talked me into forgoing our plans so he could hang out with his friends.

...it was terribly smoky and I came home sneezing.

...it was cooler than it has been, as in the air actually felt cool.  It's been awhile, cool air.  Welcome.

...two kids--looked like a brother and sister--passed us on their bikes.  The boy yelled over his shoulder to his sister, "I'm going up the gravel hill!"

Mark said, "He's going to crash."

The boy veered off the paved trail and onto a gravel trail at full speed.  He wobbled and then he had a terrific crash.  He was OK (because kids are so bouncy), other than wounded pride and a skinned elbow (his sister had a water bottle and poured water on the elbow).

I looked at Mark like he was psychic and he said, "What?  Are you superstitious?"

Mark seemed to be a few years older than the boy who crashed.  I think it was the voice of experience rather than Mark's psychic ability that predicted the wreck.

Summer's lease hath all too short a date.  This is the last week I'll walk with Mark in the morning.

Sad face.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails