Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2018

The social event of the year

That's what I began calling it.  Because it was a big deal.  Olivia and I gave Clarissa a bridal shower.  We took a detour to Nevada on our way home from Washington.

Olivia was in charge of food and I was in charge of decorations and games and my mom and Katie and all the sweet girls helped too.

We held the event in Olivia's lovely backyard.  It was smoky like the rest of the West but not too bad.

The pretty napkins were really just sails in the breeze so they didn't get to grace the table.  The  littles had expertly folded them though.  Also, they filled the tiny vases my mom had purchased for party favors.
All the pretty girls--minus Desi who we missed!  Liberty, Clarissa, Carolina, Liliana, Emma, Ruby, Olivia, Charlotte and Savannah

Liliana and Olivia--Clarissa gave us all pretty shell necklaces from Kiribati

Present time:  Clarissa being assisted by Marianne and Carolina.  I loved the delightful cousin audience  (they were eating chocolate dipped fudge courtesy of Katie)

My mom made a quilt top for Clarissa.  She can either tie it or quilt it or whatever she wants.  It's made of pieces of the wedding quilts she made for all of her children.
Carolina, Clarissa and Katie

I didn't get a picture of my mom!  She was there!  And working hard and making everything nice, like she does.

I love these women!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful social event! Let's not forget that Jennifer made the amazing invitations.

Mark Dahl said...

Yes, Jennifer and Katie helped a lot. We appreciate them so much.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails